FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS (FAQ) …
Several years ago, we coined the phrase “multiple locations” for the Facilitating Career Development course. It means what it says. We teach the course all over the country, usually based upon need and demand.
We have regularly scheduled classes (monthly or quarterly) on the east coast of the United States, but we travel from coast to coast to do groups.
We also have an online, eLearning option available for students whose schedule does not permit travel or making face-to-face class meetings at designated, geographical locations.
Basically, we have a good learning option available for almost any student or any small group anywhere in the United States. If you have questions, let’s talk. For those who really want to take this course or have a course delivered at their site, we can work through the details!
At any given time, we put most of the public class meetings online here on our calendar. You can find them on the ENROLL page. Most of the time, we can get “another student” into any of the public classes.
If you don’t see a class at a location near you, contact us anyway. Sometimes we do have private classes going and can still work a student in.
The cost for the FCD (Facilitating Career Development) Course we deliver is only $1,175. That includes the cost of your textbook. There are no other course fees.
We negotiate “group rates” with organizations that have multiple students and want to bring a course to their location.
We also negotiate “group rates” for organizations that send multiple students to classes we already have scheduled.
If you think you would like to negotiate a “group rate” for your organization or location, contact us. We’ll be happy to talk with you about a “group rate” for FCD training using the NCDA FCD curriculum.
The NCDA FCD curriculum is intense! It is designed to deliver 12 important core competencies, and the course delivers!!! So expect that you or your group will have to work to complete the course successfully!
Students will be required to do the following:
- 120 (or more) contact hours of training and learning.
- Three (or more) face-to-face meetings (total of about 24 hours of “face time”) regardless whether the student is in a hybrid or eLearning options. Face-to-face training is an essential part of the overall learning scheme.
- For the fully-online version, the 24+ hours of “face time” still exists, but it takes place in multiple, shorter sessions using online technology.
- Independent study (practical application — or experiential learning) that totals about 40 (or more) hours.
- Group presentations (usually in small groups or cohorts).
- Problem-solving as students go through the course (career development facilitators are problem solvers)!
- Payment Online — online payment is handled securely through PayPal. Nobody on our team ever sees any of your financial information. And NO! You DO NOT need to have a PayPal account to pay online. We accept all major credit and debit cards. We also accept eChecks and can even invoice online through PayPal.
- GCDF Credential — students who complete the NCDA CDF curriculum (which we use for this class) are eligible to apply for the GCDF professional credential. The GCDF credential requires a combination of education, training, and experience to achieve. It is recognized internationally and worth the effort to apply. Our team does NOT award the credential. Credentialing happens through the Center for Credentialing and Education (CCE). There is a separate fee for certification (about $100). We will provide students with information on applying for the GCDF credential, and we have a separate page online here at this site with more information.
- CCSP Credential — coming soon! Stay tuned!
We’ll be adding other points here, as they develop.
FOR MORE INFORMATION …
Call (803) 463-6603 or leave a message online using the CONTACT page on our site.